“Believe in yourself, work hard, work smart and passionately present your best self to the world.” – Hill Harper
“Work smarter, not harder,” is something we hear all the time. But, what does it mean when they say to “work smart”? The words may mean different for every person – depending on their personal mission statement and their definition of success. But I say, working smart means figuring out what your strengths are and using these strengths to inspire others in order to reach every one’s goals in the most efficient way possible.
Let me share to you a few tips that I’ve learned that will surely and greatly help you achieve a positive outcome:
- Before starting a project or an endeavor or anything new that will require substantial time and effort from you, decide on one thing. Intend on it to be easy. You see, it depends on your thinking whether you will have a great time with it or not. If you think it will be easy, then it will be easy, it will go smoothly. But if you think it will be difficult, then you have given up even before starting.
- Commit with integrity. Make a commitment that this project or endeavor will create something beautiful and beneficial for you and to the world. As Vince Lombardi quoted, “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” There is so much inspiration in this awareness!
- Roll up your sleeves and get to work. Nothing will ever land in your lap if you are just sitting back and wishing for it. Believe in your work and don’t mind the sweat that comes with it. What you’ll reap will be even sweeter.
- Have a great attitude. No matter what the obstacles, see only possibilities. You will disregard the first few bumps along the way, you will not give power to any negative thoughts in regard to your project or anything else. You will only see the goodness and strive for goodness. Is it possible to do that? Does this sound dreamy? Again, it depends on what you think about it. You are the only possibility you will ever have. So give power only to possibilities!
- Have fun and leave all the people around you feeling better than you found them. This does not mean that your motive is to please people. Genuinely, feel gratitude towards all who are working with you. Let them know how much they are appreciated, even if they do not agree with you. Remember, you may have a lot of great ideas, but you might not have all of them.
And, remember that working smart is far more different than working hard. Know the difference and start choosing the path you’re going to take!
Tags: Work Smart, working smart tips, decision, time management, visualization, positive thinking, can-do attitude, commitment, integrity, self awareness, inspiration, action, great attitude, goodness, possibilities, gratitude, gratefulness, Result-driven, work fulfillment, life skill coach